The purpose of the West Central Municipal Conference is to provide support and services to west suburban Cook County local governments. One way the WCMC accomplishes this task, is to collect a vast array of publications and reference material to help serve as a clearinghouse for the collection, analysis and dissemination of information and data about local governments. This information is available to member municipalities upon request. Additionally, please see the surveys and the West Suburban Training Institute for other resources.
As a municipal employee or an elected official, many problems and issues arise. For instance, as a manager you are reviewing the process your village has in place for residential water meter reading. Questions come to mind, including, are we performing this task in the most effective manner? I wonder what the neighboring communities are doing? It is in that spirit, that the WCMC has a collection of surveys on various topics of similar municipal concern.
Sample of surveys done by the WCMC:
- Building and Zoning Fees
- Maternity/Paternity Leave of Absence
- Municipal Elected Officials Salary
- Municipal Parking Lot and Garage Operations
- Local Government Cable-TV Broadcasts
- Residential Water Meter Reading
- Zoning Ordinances
- Health Insurance Providers
- Architectural Firms
- Municipal Festivals and Parades
- Tax Levy Referendums
- Paid Holidays
- Adult Use Zoning
- Employee Residency Requirement
- Municipal Salary Increase
For more information on these and additional surveys, or if you would like to request a survey, please contact Judy Corvo.
West Suburban Training Institute (WSTI)
To help local governments meet their everyday challenges, the West Suburban Training Institute (WSTI) provides a forum for discussing issues and developing solutions. This series of innovative workshops are designed specifically for municipal audiences.
Elected officials, managers, and other professional staff will benefit from these program offerings that will improve public service delivery throughout west suburban Cook County. Some of the past WSTI workshop topics have included:
- Customer Service Training
- Racial Profiling
- Municipal News You Can Use
- Leadership in Times of Change
- Building High Performance Teams
- Increasing Citizen Involvement Through the Use of Technology
- Strategies For Retaining Municipal Employees
- Enhanced Inter-Departmental Communication
If you would like additional information on future workshops, please contact the WCMC office at 708/453-9100.